Returns and Exchanges
We here at Ski World sincerely want you to be thrilled with you purchase and online experience with us. We will do everything in our power to accommodate returns and exchanges granted they fall under the guidelines outlined below:
All returns and exchanges must be put into motion within 30 days of the original purchase date
You must obtain an RA# (Return Authorization Number) by calling 757-428-7551.
We will not accept boxes and packages returned to us without an RA# – NO EXCEPTIONS!
When shipping product back to us you must use a traceable means of shipment – i.e. UPS, Fed Ex, USPS traceable and NO COD’s!!!!!
Please be sure to insure the package for the FULL value when shipping
Customer is responsible for all freight costs involved in returning a product to us unless the product is deemed defective by us and an exchange is issued
When we receive the product you’re sending back it will be subject to a full inspection. After we deem it OK for return we will re-ship your exchanged goods to you, and you will have to pay any difference in price and the freight costs to get the goods to your doorstep. If the item was returned for a refund we will then credit your card the amount of the order, less the freight costs (in other words, customer always pays the freight)…
Under no circumstances will Ski World accept returns on any merchandise marked Sale or Closeout for refunds. We will allow and honor exchanges and store credit on any sale, discount, and closeout merchandise
In the event of a return for a refund on an item purchased with FREE SHIPPING, we will refund the purchase price of the goods LESS the shipping and handling charges incurred (the only exception to this rule is if the item is deemed defective or a warranty issue)
Refused Shipment / Unauthorized Merchandise Returns
In the event a customer refuses a shipment from Ski World, said customer will be responsible for a 20% restocking fee plus the original shipping and handling charges. In the event a customer returns merchandise to us without first calling for an RA# customer will again be responsible for a 20% restocking fee and the original shipping costs.
Many items we carry come with a manufacturer’s warranty. In the event you feel you have a warranty issue, please give us a call (757-428-7551) make it clear you believe you have a WARRANTY issue and we will be glad to walk you through the process. In any event the customer is responsible for the freight back to us. When we receive your product back, we will inspect it and advise you on the next course of action to make this as quick and as smooth as possible. We want you out there riding, not waiting for the UPS man to deliver your gear…. Also, save yourself some time and get familiar with each company’s Warranty Policy. Also be aware that no company warranties any damage caused by impact.
In the event you receive a shipment that appears to be damaged, you need to contact the shipper & us right away. It is imperative you make a note of any damage or suspicious markings to the freight carrier at the time of acceptance. You will also need to save all packaging materials until the issue is resolved.
Below is a list of common sense rules and regulations for general returns and exchanges. Please go over these before you contact us to make an exchange.
- Skateboards: once gripped, skateboards cannot be returned for any reason or under any circumstances; skateboards are not indestructible and can break, please keep this in mind when you call us trying to return the deck you focused; assembled skateboards are not returnable or exchangeable under any circumstance; any trucks, wheels or other skate accessory will need the full package and be in brand new, unopened condition to be considered for return.
- Ski and Snowboard Boots: must be unused and in the original packaging in order to be considered for return; Do not walk around in your boots anywhere except on your clean carpet if you expect you may return them—dirt anywhere in the soles means no return or exchange; all boot boxes must be in brand new condition with no tape or wrapping on them– use the box we sent them to you in; Ski World doesn’t return boots due to fit issues–it’s your duty to make sure they fit properly before you wear them and ride in them.
- Apparel: all apparel and accessory items must be in brand new condition to be considered for returns and exchanges; under no circumstances to we allow any goods to be returned to us that have been worn and/or washed; any tags that are on the garment and items when you receive them must still be attached when you return them or the item will not be returnable.
- Printed Items:many items we sell at Ski World have custom printing processes that give each and every item a unique look. This can range from tee shirts, to caps, to snowboard jackets, etc., etc. We do notaccept returns on these items simply because your itemsappears slightly different than the picture on the site.We will, however, be happy to exchange the item you’re unhappy with in an effort to meet customer satisfaction.
- Snowboards and Skis: any snowboard or ski must be un-ridden and in the original packaging (with any company stickers on the base) to be considered for returns and exchanges; don’t ride it and then send it back, once you ride it it’s yours; also, don’t mount any bindings on a board you may want to return, as it can cause cosmetic marking on the top sheet of the snowboard, which will in turn make it non-returnable! Skis once they are mounted are non-returnable
- Videos and Media: due to the sensitive nature of DVD’s and books, VerticalUrge.com doesn’t not accept any returns or exchanges on these items, unopened or not; only under the circumstance of a defective DVD will be accepts returns on media related items, and in these cases it’s exchange for the same item only.
- Eyewear and Watches: due to the sensitive nature of these items, as well as the fact that eyewear (all sunglasses and goggles) and watches do not come with manufacturer’s hangtags attached we will only offer store credit and exchange for them.